At the beginning of the year, I joined the organizing collective for a food justice digital zine, and have spent lots of time helping to gather submissions and create the website. It is now live, and I’m so excited to share it with you all! It features artwork by dozens of contributors in the form of essays, reflections, photos, poetry, song, and visual art. And, of course, recipes!
Even better, nearly all pieces are accompanied by an audio recording of the artist reading their words. You can even hear me reading the poem I submitted to the zine (what is being fed).
Some of my personal favorite pieces include (but are definitely not limited to!):
- Tasting the Stars: AAAAHHH this poem!! The art!! The audio!!! I love it all so much.
- White Vegan(ism): Oh, how I want to write a post about this topic! There’s so much to say about it, but these paintings sum it up beautifully.
- Roots: This image & poem gave me goosebumps!
- Get Well Soon, World: A zine within a zine!
- Recipe for Chocolate Truffles: Mmmm, chocolate….
I really can’t emphasize enough how all-around AMAZING and AWESOME this zine is. So be sure to check it out at zine.cagj.org, and bask in all the delicious art & inspiration!