Today’s the day: When We Vanished has come to audiobook format at last! For less than the cost of one restaurant lunch (based on Seattle prices, anyway), you can enjoy nearly 12 hours of action-packed, character-driven storytelling. Just search the title in your favorite audiobook player, or click here for direct links to WWV on retailers’ sites.
I will be donating 20% of all audiobook royalties earned during March & April to #CookForIran’s partner the Center For Mind-Body Medicine, in support of the people of Iran who are in the midst of an arduous fight for freedom and justice.
Support the Launch
Wondering how can you help support the launch? Here are a few ideas….
- Buy the audiobook! I really want to produce audiobooks for the full series, but won’t be able to unless sales for WWV indicate that there is enough demand.
- Recommend it to a teenager in your life! If they enjoy shows like Stranger Things and The Unlisted, they will probably love WWV.
- Request that your local library carry the audiobook.
- Leave a rating and/or review at online retailers and Goodreads.
- Post about #WhenWeVanished on social media. Share the audiobook cover and/or rave about the book if you’ve read it. Be sure to tag @rootcitypress so we can follow and share! We’re mostly on Instagram but you can also find us on Twitter and TikTok.
- Join me (@alannampeterson) on Instagram Sunday March 19 at 10am PDT for a livestream with the narrator of the audiobook, Dana Wing Lau!
In Case You Missed It…
I’ve compiled some links to WWV audiobook-related content on this blog and elsewhere. (Hot tip, even if you aren’t on Instagram you can watch the reels linked below on a desktop or laptop computer.)
- Listen to the first four chapters of WWV
- Learn what it takes to produce an audiobook
- Even the crows are excited about the release
- Watch me make cherry-rose turnovers…
- … and get the recipe!
ONE MILLION TRILLION THANK YOUS to the amazing narrator, Dana Wing Lau, for taking this story to a new level, and to everyone who: offered financial and/or moral support for this project; cooked me dinner; waited patiently to watch our evening TV shows until I just finished “one more thing”; reassured me when I doubted I could pull this off; or told me they were excited to listen to the book. Your support means EVERYTHING to me ❤️